Mussels In Garlic & Oil (Aglio Olio)
- 2 Lbs. Mussels – Washed And De-Bearded
- 2 Tbs. Unsalted Butter
- 1/4 Cup Shallots Finely Chopped
- 8 Cloves Garlic Sliced Thin
- 3/4 Cup Dry White Wine
- 1/2 Cup Flat Leaf Parsley Finely Chopped
- 10 Basil Leaves Stacked And Sliced Thin (Chiffonade)
- Salt & Pepper To Taste
In large saute pan melt butter over medium heat – add shallots and saute until translucent. Add half of sliced garlic and saute 1 minute (do not brown). Add white wine and let cook 1 minute. Add mussels – cover and cook until mussels open – about 5 to 6 minutes (discard any mussels that do not open).
Place cooked mussels with all liquid in deep bowl and finish with parsley, chiffonade basil, shaved garlic and salt and pepper.