1 hour 15 minutes
- 5 pounds ground sirloin
- 1 quart Uncle Giuseppe’s Marinara Sauce
- 1 large carrot
- 2 stalks celery
- 1 Spanish onion
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 cups red wine
- 3, 6-ounce cans tomato paste
- 2 quart beef stock
- Bundle of rosemary, thyme, sage and bay leaf
- 2 tablespoons Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Uncle Giuseppe’s fresh Pappardelle pasta
- Uncle Giuseppe’s fresh ricotta
Preheat a large, wide pot to medium high, add beef and brown meat for 10 minutes.
Grate vegetables through a cheese grater. Tie herbs in a bundle.
Add shredded vegetables to beef and stir until vegetables are slightly soft, season with salt and pepper.
Drain beef and vegetables through a colander, discard all fat and place beef and vegetables back into pan.
Add tomato paste and cook for 3 minutes. Avoid burning bottom of pan.
Add red wine, stir often and cook for 3 minutes or until all alcohol is burned off.
Add beef stock and marinara, then reduce heat to low and cook for 45 minutes.
Toss cooked drained pasta with sauce and serve with a dollop of fresh ricotta.