Sausage Chestnut Stuffing
- 1 pound loose sausage meat for stuffing
- 1 bag Martin’s Potato Bread Stuffing
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 cup diced Spanish onion
- 1 cup chopped roasted chestnuts
- 4 cups chicken or turkey stock
- ¼ pound butter
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- 2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 teaspoon chopped rosemary
- 1 teaspoon chopped thyme
- 1 teaspoon chopped sage
- Salt and pepper to taste
Preheat a large sauté pan to medium high heat.
Add sausage meat and break apart while cooking for 6-8 minutes or until sausage is browned and cooked through.
Add butter to pan, onions and celery. Cook for 5 minutes.
Add stock into pan and cook until vegetables are al dente.
Place sausage, vegetables and stock into a large mixing bowl.
Gently fold in the bread stuffing, herbs, celery salt and cranberries. Break chestnuts by hand and fold into stuffing.
Season with salt and pepper.