3 hours 30 minutes
- 5 pounds pork belly
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoons crushed red pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground fennel seed
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh sage
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Zest of 1 orange
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Butchers twine
Remove portion of skin from pork belly (about 2 inches) from the thickest part of the belly. Also remove all bones and cartilage from pork belly.
Lay the pork belly skin side down and rub/coat interior with all chopped herbs, zest, salt and pepper.
Begin to roll the pork belly starting from the side where the skin was removed. Roll completely. Tie the pork roll tight to ensure even cooking throughout.
Once belly is rolled and tied, place in 350° oven for 2 hours 30 minutes.
Skin should be crisp. Remove from heat and let cool for at least 30 minutes before slicing.