- 4 large portobello mushrooms, stems and gills removed
- 1 pound sausage meat (loose for stuffing)
- 1 bunch Lacinato Kale, cleaned (stems removed) and chopped
- 14 ounce can cannellini bean
- 8 ounces shredded mozzarella
- 1 medium Spanish onion julienned
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
In a medium sauté pan heat olive oil on medium heat. Add onions. Sautee until onions are slightly caramelized for 5-7 minutes.
Add garlic and sausage meat to sauté pan and cook until sausage is completely cooked through.
Add kale to sauté pan and cook for 2-3 minutes or until kale is slightly wilted.
Remove from heat and place into medium mixing bowl.
Add beans and mozzarella cheese to mixing bowl, mix well.
Place mushrooms on baking sheet pan and stuff with sausage and kale mix.
Place mushrooms in a preheated 425° oven for 10-12 minutes.
Remove from oven. Plate and serve.